The hidden charms of the Dalmatian hinterland
The Dalmatian hinterland is an uncut diamond that has only recently begun to present itself to the world, revealing its treasures and beauties of the Dalmatian karst. It provides visitors with an authentic experience, revealing a wealth of untouched wilderness, numerous caves, rivers, mountains, hiking, mountaineering and cycling trails.
1. Cetina River Canyon - if you are a fan of adrenaline, this is the right place for you. Omis offers many adventurous activities: ziplining, canyoning, kayaking, rafting, free climbing, diving ... And if you are not addicted to adrenaline, long walks along the river, panoramic boat rides or simply enjoying Dalmatian specialties in the middle of one of the most beautiful canyons in Croatia has experiences that will leave few indifferent.
2. The source of the Cetina - it is also called the most beautiful "eye" of Dalmatia. When it comes to the most photographed places in Croatia, this certainly includes the source of the Cetina. The clearest, coldest and purest water springs from the spring.
3. Blue and Red Lakes - are a natural phenomenon due to their unique shape, color and process of formation. Blue Lake is one of the most beautiful Croatian lakes, which is reached by stairs, so it is a favorite beach in the summer months. But when the lake dries up, the real fun begins, the locals then form two teams and play football at the bottom of the lake.
4. Sinj - Sinj is a real treasure trove when it comes to cultural, religious and traditional monuments, and in addition it offers numerous opportunities for adventure activities. Go horseback riding and enjoy the beautiful scenery, for something bolder there is also paragliding and parachuting. Try your hand at paintball or airsoft, try the many cycling and hiking trails. For all speed lovers there is also a quad adventure. Visit the Museum of the Cetina Region or the Museum of the Sinj Alka.
5. Trilj - in Trilj you will experience a special feeling of connection between man and nature that provides an active vacation. Horseback riding, hiking or hiking is the best way to truly experience the beauties of the Trilj area. While you are in Trilj, be sure to try the specialty - grilled frogs, breaded frogs or brujet frogs or Cetina crabs.
From the beautiful untouched nature all the way to the cultural contents, the Dalmatian hinterland really has a lot to offer to everyone who wants to take a break from the beaches and get to know something different.