Festivals and events in Split
Split is a very dynamic city. Various events, concerts, plays, ballets and operas, as well as themed events and festivals are held throughout the year. These are the best festivals and events in Split that you can visit during your stay.
1. Ultra Europe Festival - an electronic music festival held in Split in July for five years in a row. The best DJs in the world perform at the festival, and the festival itself attracts tens of thousands of partygoers from as many as 120 countries around the world. Due to the Ultra Europe Festival, Croatia has positioned itself as one of the most attractive festival destinations in the world. After the 3 main festival days in Split, the entertainment is moving to the islands so that electronic music lovers can enjoy the parties on Hvar, Brač and Vis. Ultra Europe proves in the best possible way that Croatia is a top destination not only for vacation but also for all fans of unforgettable entertainment and a top festival experience. If you love parties and good fun, you don’t want to miss this.
2. Split Mediterranean Film Festival - has been held for 6 years in a row in June, in the evening in the open air, in the beautiful ambience of the summer cinema Bačvice, just a few meters from the sea. Every year it is visited by about 20 thousand visitors. It shows films from the Mediterranean area that have their regional or Croatian premieres in Split, and cannot be seen in regular cinema distribution. So far, the festival has proven to be one of the most important cultural events in Split.
3. Split Summer - an art festival that has been building its reputation since the middle of the 20th century. In addition to the Dubrovnik Summer Festival, it is a festival with the longest and brightest tradition of the classical spectrum of performing arts (opera, drama, ballet, concert), which over time has expanded to jazz concerts and film shows, exhibitions, performances and street theater. It has been held for 19 years in a row, in September, and shows selected films, videos, interactive media, installations, performances and workshops.
4. Split Pop Music Festival - is one of the most popular festivals of light notes in Croatia, held every summer in Split at Prokurative. The first Split Festival was held in 1960, and since then until today, hundreds of compositions by the most important domestic authors have been performed there.
5. Days of Diocletian - takes Split back to 1700 years ago when the famous Roman emperor Diocletian passed through the city, Roman legions line up in the city streets and squares, Emperor Diocletian together with a procession of Roman legions and carriages passes along the Riva and Peristyle where Diocletian's co-rulers together with family greet those gathered. The sounds of drummers and Roman music can be heard in the city. In the center of the city on the squares and streets with the entertainment of street entertainers, you can enjoy the rich gastronomic offer from the time of Emperor Diocletian, as well as the concert and dance program.