Excursions within reach of Split
With its location and appearance, Split has always attracted many tourists who are eager for various activities in the city, but also to experience many others near Split. We have prepared several activities in Split and its surroundings that you should not miss.
Each of us during the trip loves to visit all the important places and sights, while neglecting the many activities that are offered to us and that provide wonderful moments. In addition to the excellent location where Split is located, it is extremely easy to visit other beauties in a short time, which are less than an hour's drive from Split. Also, you can't miss the ones that make Split an increasing destination for many travelers every day.
1.Visit Trogir - less than half an hour from Split there is a magical city-island of Trogir which is connected to the mainland by a bridge. Surrounded by walls and numerous centuries-old buildings, it is under the protection of UNESCO and guarantees you a wonderful experience. Trogir hides many beaches and is considered one of the best summer destinations in Dalmatia. It is a place of relaxation and new experiences. Take a bath and relax, get lost in the streets of Trogir, walk the paths of beautiful nature, listen to the klapa in the town square or climb to the top of the Kamerlengo fortress.
2. Visit Omis - at the mouth of the river Cetina is this town, surrounded by small fishing villages with beautiful beaches, only 20 kilometers from Split. If your ideal vacation includes a dose of adrenaline, you definitely can't go wrong with coming to Omis. Omis is ideal for those who like active holidays, from rafting and canyoning on the river Cetina, free climbing, to zipline, paragliding, diving, sailing ...
3. Visit Salona - the capital of the Roman province in Dalmatia, the largest archaeological park in Croatia. Only six kilometers from Split, are the remains of the ancient city of Salona. Salona is an ancient city surrounded by the mountains Kozjak and Mosor through which the river Jadro flows. Visit the walls with towers and gates, the forum with temples, the amphitheater, take a walk along the river Jadro and we are sure you will not remain indifferent.
4. Visit Klis - it is located about twenty minutes north of Split. Klis Fortress replaced the city of Meereen in the popular Game of Thrones series. The fortress offers a beautiful view of Split, Solin, Kastela and the islands of Brac, Hvar, Solta and Vis.
5. Visit Krk - one of the most famous national parks, located an hour from Split. Full of beautiful river pools and lakes, they will impress you with 17 waterfalls, some of which are 50 meters high. Krka is full of flora and fauna, and the view of the preserved natural beauties will completely delight you.
6. Visit Makarska - a tourist center with numerous hotels, villas, apartments, quality catering and rich cultural and sports facilities. Makarska is located at the foot of the Biokovo Nature Park, which recently includes a skywalk-heavenly promenade.
Discover the Dalmatian hinterland, less than half an hour away from Split, which offers a completely different experience of Dalmatia. With the knightly game Alka and indigenous specialties, get to know Sinj. Stop by the ethno eco village Škopljanci, enjoy the rich offer of the tavern, ethnographic museum, visit the mini ZOO garden with domestic animals, bio organic garden and spend your free time in a beautiful landscape away from the hectic life of the city.