Islands at your fingertips
We advise you to go on a day trip to one of the famous central Dalmatian islands. Whether you’re looking for rest and relaxation or crazy holiday fun, these are just the places for you.
1. Brac - The island of Brac is only 45 minutes by ferry from Split. We have no doubt that this island will delight you. Sail on a windsurf in the canal before the Golden War in Bol, try paragliding from Vidova gora or opt for hunting in the upper parts of the island. Swim in numerous sandy bays, try Brač cheese, lamb and fish, with brandy and Bol plavac (famous Brač wine) in one of the taverns and create an unforgettable vacation. However, Brač is best known for its Zlatni rat beach in Bol, which in 2019 was declared the most beautiful beach in the world. Under the influence of winds, waves and sea currents, the peak of the "Golden War" constantly changes its shape, making it different and interesting every time. Zlatni rat is a protected natural area and a favorite place of surfers and kite-surfers from all over the world.
2. Hvar - 2 hours drive from Split, there is the island of Hvar. This island received another award, shining on the fourth place of the European list of the best islands. It is also known as the sunniest island in Croatia, with more than 2800 hours of sunshine a year. We must also emphasize the rich historical and cultural heritage of the town of Hvar - emphasizing the Fortress Fortica, the Arsenal and the Hvar Theater as unavoidable cultural monuments. Hvar is also known for its rich nightlife. For those who want top "clubbing", there is Carpe Diem - one of the TOP 10 world-famous clubs on the beach. Embark on a boat trip to the Pakleni islands, a group of small indented islands not far from Hvar.
3. Vis - By ferry from Split to Vis you will arrive in 2 and a half hours. The island of Vis will completely delight you. It is an island with an irresistible Mediterranean charm where you live without stress and crowds, where untouched nature is preserved. An island you must visit and to which you will surely return. The island of Vis is adorned with beautiful, crystal clear sea, beautiful hidden beaches, bays and islets and that is why Vis will become your favorite tourist destination. There are numerous underground tunnels and bunkers on the island, some of which have been turned into real attractions, so we can recommend the Military tour, Wine tour, but also a visit to the Blue or Green Cave. The island is ideal for recreation due to the many hiking trails, water sports, recreational areas, as well as for diving or cycling. Vis is an ideal choice if you are looking for peace and solitude, as well as entertainment and cultural facilities.
4. Solta - The island of Solta is located near Split and has become practically a suburb of Split. Jump on the ferry, enjoy the view on the deck and in just half an hour you will reach Šolta, a place where the sea is crystal clear and many pebble beaches are not overcrowded. If you want an active vacation, you are in the right place. Here you can enjoy cycling, hiking, boating and kayaking, diving with an instructor and various excursions. Enjoy the gastronomic offer of Šolta, taste extra virgin olive oil, try dobričić, wine obtained from the autochthonous Šolta variety, taste Olintio - medicinal delicious Šolta honey from wild rosemary, and after dinner sweeten with carob cake.
5. Biševo - The Blue Cave is considered the pearl of the Adriatic Sea and attracts a large number of curious tourists. You can visit the Blue Cave every day throughout the season, weather permitting. A visit to fast boats takes one to one and a half hours. Depending on the season, the best time to visit the cave is between 10 am and 2 pm. Also visit Medvidina Cave, the former habitat of the Mediterranean seal. In the southern part of the island of Biševo is the bay Porat. The beautiful sandy beach is sheltered from the winds and covered with a pine forest. On the beach there are restaurants where you can taste the top Biševo Plavac.