Ideal places for sea adventures
Can you imagine summer without sunbathing and swimming? No matter if you prefer a beach party or swimming in hidden coves, the joys of the sea in Split will certainly not disappoint you. Visit some of the most popular beaches, play beach volleyball or enjoy cocktails, and find out why summer in Split is an absolute hit for many guests.
Despite the fact that Split is a city with more than 200,000 inhabitants, the sea is just as clean as on the islands, so you can swim wherever you see the sea. Nevertheless, there are numerous beaches and places popular among bathers that stretch from sandy beaches all the way to swimming on Marjan. To help you choose beaches according to your taste, we suggest:
1. Bačvice - the most popular beach in Split and we can freely say the symbol of the city of Split. Bačvice, from the miles of "Baće" is the main city, sandy beach located a few minutes walk from the city center. Favorite place for swimming in Split. The popular game picigin originated in this bay. With numerous coffee bars and nightclubs, this beach is ready 24 hours for great fun. And it is also the first beach to receive the Blue Flag, which guarantees the purity of the sea and the beach.
2. Žnjan - one of the most popular beaches and one of the largest beaches in Split, a favorite among water sports fans. In recent years, it has become a real gathering place for young people who want great daily parties, but also to enjoy the many deck chairs with great music from beach clubs. It is positioned in the eastern part of Split and is very accessible due to the large, free parking lot located right next to the beach. Žnjan also has a beach for the disabled and a beach for dogs with mini tents.
3. Kašjuni - a beautiful beach located at the foot of Marjan, which in addition to a beautiful view also offers lounge bars with great cocktails with which you are guaranteed to have a great time. It is possible to reach the beach by boat that runs every hour from the center of Split and enjoy the beautiful panoramic view of the city. If you are adventurous, try stand up paddle, kayaking or rent a sea bob and create unforgettable memories. If you want to relax, you can do so with a pleasant massage and essential oils in a tent on the beach.
4. Bene - for all those who want a quieter way of swimming, Bene is an ideal place. They are located on the north side of Marjan, and in their forest environment they give a wonderful feeling of loneliness. The beach cannot be reached by car, but you will have to walk along Marjan or use the bus. For anyone looking for sports entertainment, the Bene are a great choice. Behind the beach there is a sports center where it is possible to rent various equipment for sports at sea and on land. Within the beach there are tennis and football courts and slides for children.
5. Kastelet - a beach located at the bottom of Marjan, 2 km from the center of Split. This beautiful beach is ideal for young people who want to have fun and enjoy the beach with a cocktail and good music. It provides crystal clear sea with many additional facilities. There is also a snack bar on the beach where you can have a snack if you get hungry.
Apart from the suggested beaches, all those who want more solitary enjoyment by the sea will easily find the numerous hidden beaches located in Split. We don’t need to mention too much the charms that night swimming provides. Therefore, get your swimsuit ready quickly because summer has long since arrived in Split.